FireRescue1 Academy has added new fire rescue training courses to our learning management library. With 1 new full-length course on the topic of wildland fires and 6 FireRescue1 Reality Training single videos, first responders now have additional training available to meet annual requirements. These new courses, and more, are available on-demand at any time from your computer or mobile device, allowing for flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
New Training Courses
- Wildland Fire Observations & Origin Scene Protection– (1 hour)
Last year, our country suffered from 71,499 wildfires. The number of acres burned was higher than the previous 10-year average. Studies show an increase in future wildfires due to more frequent unexpected weather patterns. With these figures in mind, fire investigation has become more important than ever, It must start at the time a fire is reported or discovered. First responders play an important role in protecting evidence, so it is vital for the origin and cause investigator to help train all first responders to identify and protect the area of origin of the fire. In this course, we will focus on two main aspects that are weaved into fire investigations: wildland fire observations and origin scene protection.
Did You Know
FireRescue1 Academy includes access to more than 450 short videos. We’re seeing a dramatic increase in the use of video-based training due to its ability to drive greater consistency and transparency within departments. Below are the latest courses available:
- Fire Reality Training: Don’t let your Adrenaline drive your tactics (10m)
- Fire Reality Training: Interference on the Job (10m)
- Fire Reality Training: Preparing for the MAYDAY (10m)
- Fire Reality Training: Train the Way You Fight (10m)
- Fire Reality Training: What is your COOP? (10m)
- Fire Reality Training: The Right of the Patient and HIPAA (10m)