Approved Online Fire Recertification and Renewal Courses
FireRescue1 Academy offers a robust training library of online fire courses that are developed using industry-based standards. Courses use the latest evidence-based practices and follow current guidelines set by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), including NFPA 1001, 1002, 1006, 1021, 1031, 1041, 1670, and 472.
All of our fire content is proprietary, with additional supplemental courses offered in partnership with Jones & Bartlett Learning that have been reviewed by the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC).
The training and curriculum are designed for firefighters currently working in the field and can be used as refresher training nationwide and toward recertification hours in certain states.
FireRescue1 Academy is an approved online education provider or offers course approval in the following states:*
- Florida – Florida State Fire College
- Kentucky – Kentucky Fire Commission
- Ohio – Ohio Department of Public Safety (Fire Chief approval required)
- Tennessee – Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office
- Texas – Texas Commission on Fire Protection and State Firefighters’ & Fire Marshal’s Association of Texas
- Michigan – Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA)/Michigan Bureau of Fire Services
*FireRescue1 Academy is not responsible for continuing education credits that are rejected in any way. Given the variation in the approval and acceptance of continuing education credits state to state, it is advised that EMS providers and firefighters confirm recertification and training requirements, including accepted courses, with their state EMS and fire authorities.